Sunday, July 17, 2011

Creative Commons

I just watched the video by Creative Commons, Wanna Work Together, for the fourth time. I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago. I didn't quite understand what could be so great about giving up the rights to your work. I was thinking, if I create it, then I want the credit for it. So I kept thinking about the concept and watched it a couple more times pondering the idea...Now, after working on the class website, I get how important this site is, especially for teachers. Teachers often have such a limited budget that they may not have access to the work available on sites like Creative Commons if it wasn't free. This site allows anyone and everyone to share anything and everything that they want. It's an entire community of support. It's nice to be able to search for new ideas when your brain has run dry and you need a little help. It's a simple video with a great idea that you shouldn't miss...
https://creativecommons.org/videos/wanna-work-together

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely! At first glance I was wondering why you would give all your hard work away to someone else, but the further I got in to creating the website I realized how important it is for teachers to share their ideas and their work, mainly to offer their students a wider variety of information and projects, but also to lighten their load. Teachers have a lot on their plate all the time and I'm sure being able to turn to websites like Creative Commons is a big stress relief. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete